What We Do
We provide a much needed service to our county, benefiting healthcare programs and services.
Our non-profit organization takes the kindness and compassion of other people and organizations and converts it into the needed medical care for the community. We do this through volunteer efforts and financial contributions.
You can make a difference in someone’s life!
As a result of your thoughtfulness and generosity, VCMRF has donated millions in life saving equipment and funded critically needed programs.
Contributions to this program have helped supplement urgent needs of the following programs:
- Ambulatory care clinics countywide can continue to care for patients suffering with diabetes and other chronic diseases. Your gifts will ensure low-income families will benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and prevention education to receive all of the tools and knowledge they deserve to manage their care.
- Behavioral Health Services fund programs such as drug and alcohol prevention, mental health services, and provides support to mothers and drug exposed infants and children.
- Cancer Screening and Cancer Programs for our most vulnerable children. The Foundation has forged a partnership with the National Charity League Juniors to support children with cancer and blood diseases. Cancer Screening Programs for women. The Foundation supports the Ventura County’s Mobile Mammography Unit that provides funding for Ventura County’s most underserved women to improve access to breast cancer screenings, and the Inncourage Program which informs, educates, and empowers women undergoing chemotherapy at a three day healing retreat at the Lavender Inn in Ojai, CA.
- VCMRF funds the Summer Student Scholarship Program for over 25 years to outstanding college students interested in a career in health care, provide funds for research projects that are presented at nationally recognized medical conferences at both the state and national level.
- Maternal and Child Health Services such as Neonatal Services, Obstetrics/Prenatal Care, Pediatrics/Children’s Services. The Foundation supports technology, along with advances in medical knowledge to save sicker babies each year at the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and funds sophisticated specialized medical equipment for the nursery.
- Children’s Resource Program (CRP) provides our most vulnerable children with dental and vision services that do not qualify for government programs. These children have been referred by schools, child care programs, social workers and other professionals because their untreated conditions are interfering with their ability to learn, participate with peers and develop appropriately.
- Public Health/Prevention Services such as health prevention programs, HIV/AIDS services, immunizations, public health programs.
- The Foundation convened the Ventura County Chronic Disease Coalition Collaborative Symposium to form relationships between medical providers and social service agencies on a project to decrease the incidence of chronic disease among the senior population. Senior Healthcare Screening Program the program has saved countless lives by supporting healthcare screenings and prevention education to underserved low-income seniors. The Foundation provides supplies to the Department of Health to help prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- Specialty Medical Services including Emergency Room, eye care services, intensive care services, medical and surgical services, surgery, laboratory, and pharmacy services. The Foundation supports needs at the hospitals and invests your donated dollars at the most critical and needed areas in Ventura County.